I can not thank this place enough for being such an awesome team! This is such a cool hobby. Trapeze has been something I’ve always wanted to do! So happy I took my first class yesterday, everyone was so helpful and friendly. The place and location was just so great. Everyone is super professional and it’s super safe and so much fun!
We had such a great time. Totally didn’t know what to expect, but the instructors went above and beyond and made the experience so fun, even for first timers. We bought more classes and can’t wait to go back!
This was such an incredible experience!!! I took my 4 nieces (ages 11-14) and we all had the best time and made some awesome memories! The staff was kind, fun and safe. I felt like we definitely got our moneys worth during the 2 hour class. I have recommended this experience to so many friends and coworkers already. It is great for kids and adults!! Can’t wait to do it again one day!!
Our indoor location is open!
We are open!
In addition to all of our standard classes, we also offer rig availability for special events of any kind. In the past, these events have included:
- Birthday parties (of all ages!)
- Aerial Rigging (we can set up wherever your party may be)
- Performances (both flying trapeze and aerials)
- Bar / Bat Mitzvahs
- Bachelor / Bachelorette parties
- Corporate events
- Special leadership training event
- And More!
Please call or e-mail for more information on any of these special events!
Info@DallasCircus.com / (214) 771-1178
Frequently Asked Questions
How old do you have to be to participate?
- We recommend 8 years old to participate in any of our full classes. Most children have a mental leap about 8 years old that allows them to build on previous experiences and progress from one class to the next; children younger than that still have a wonderful experience, but may not “learn” as much. Our official policy for flying trapeze is “If you can climb the ladder, we will let you fly!” We’ve had participants as young as 3 and as old as 91!
It’s my first time; what class should I sign up for?
- All of our flying trapeze classes are beginner friendly! As for aerials or ground acrobatics, look for something labeled beginner – if a class does not have a level specified, it is an all-levels class.
What if I’m not strong enough?
- We think you would be amazed at how little upper body strength is required for the beginning level classes! We have designed all of our beginner classes so someone can walk in off of the street and be moderately successful. As a good test for flying trapeze, you should be able to hang from a pull-up bar with straight arms for 20-30 seconds. With this being said, if you have any injuries that affect your grip, arm strength, or shoulder stability, please check with your doctor or our staff before signing up for a class.
What is your cancellation policy?
- All sales are final. For our standard classes you can cancel or reschedule a booking 72 hours before the start of the class. If we are able to fill your spot in the class, we will make special considerations inside the 72 hour period. Our private parties have a two week cancellation / reschedule policy. Our pre-paid packages are non-transferable and non-refundable. All cancellations will be refunded in the form of future class credits.
Do you ever cancel classes because of weather?
- If there is a chance of rain and you are registered for our Outdoor class, we will give you the option of moving to the indoor class (space permitting). Since the tent is not temperature controlled we may cancel class for the extreme cold; this decision will be made by the staff on the day of the class if we are not able to get the tent interior to a reasonable temperature.
What should I wear?
- This depends largely on the weather and your comfort levels. For your first class we would recommend a tight fitting top, appropriate athletic under garments, and pants or capris that cover the backs of your knees without restricting too much motion (yoga pants are great, skinny jeans are not). The tent building is not temperature controlled, so while we have lots of air movement for the summertime, the winter will be a bit cold indoors. If you are taking a night-time class outdoors consider wearing bright colors so they show up on the photos and videos better!
What should I bring to the class?
- This is a physically active activity. We have water and Gatorade for sale. If it is your first class, you’ll need to sign a waiver. You can either fill it out online using the link at the top of the page, or arrive 15-20 minutes before your class so you have ample time.
How are the classes structured?
- Our generic flying trapeze class is two hours long with a maximum of 10 people. If it is your first time on the flying trapeze we will take the first 10-15 minutes of the class to give you an on-the-ground introduction into what you will be doing. During this time we will go over safety procedures and flying trapeze etiquette. Once you’ve completed the introduction you will spend the remainder of the class taking turns on the trapeze attempting various tricks and then dropping into the net. We allot the last 30-45 minutes of the class to attempting to catch the tricks that you have been working on. As a general rule of thumb, we dictate the speed of the class on each individual’s ability level. If you are afraid of heights and just want to swing and drop, that is perfectly acceptable and we will help you progress at your comfort. If you are picking up the tricks quickly, we will allow you to move on to something different. Since all of our classes are mixed ability levels, you may be learning your first trick while someone else in the class has been working on the same trick for several classes. During the last half hour when we are attempting catches there are a lot of variables aside from ability level – so, if, in your first class, you are not able to make a catch, please do not think this reflects poorly on your ability for you may be overcoming more obstacles than others! Our primary goal is to enjoy yourself – anything past that is just bonus!
- Most of our aerial classes are 60-90 minutes. We recommend you show up 15 min prior to your class so you can warm up and stretch on your own. The instructor will spend a few minutes at the beginning of the class doing specific warms ups relevant to what they’ll be teaching as well as apparatus-specific warm ups. The instructor will plan about 60 min of instruction on the apparatus and may have relevant conditioning planned as well!
Is there a weight limit?
- Anyone above 250lbs should consult the staff before signing up for a class. There are a couple strength to weight ratio tests that we can do to ensure that we are able to keep you safe during your class. The equipment is all rated at several thousand pounds, but more often than not, your strength to weight ratio is the limiting factor.
Can I reschedule a class?
- Absolutely. Assuming you are not calling within 72 hours of the class, we will always be willing to reschedule your reservation without any penalties or fees. Our private parties carry a two week reschedule policy. All sales are final, so cancellations will be handled in the form of credit that can be applied to a future booking.
Does the outdoor location have a changing room?
- Yes! We have a restroom facility inside our warehouse building, as well as a storage trailer, which can be used as a changing room.
What is the address of the rig?
- Our new indoor location address is 2355 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220.
- Our outdoor location address is 2720 Bataan St, Dallas, TX 75212. Our Contact page has more information and a map!
I absolutely love Dallas Circus Center! What can I do to help?!
- Bring a friend! We do all of our advertising through word of mouth. So tell everyone you know how much fun you had!! We also have lots of merchandise for sale, including t-shirts, bumper stickers, photos, videos, and keychains! You can also help us grow in the social media – give us a review on Yelp, like us on Facebook, or check-in on TripAdvisor!