I can not thank this place enough for being such an awesome team! This is such a cool hobby. Trapeze has been something I’ve always wanted to do! So happy I took my first class yesterday, everyone was so helpful and friendly. The place and location was just so great. Everyone is super professional and it’s super safe and so much fun!
We had such a great time. Totally didn’t know what to expect, but the instructors went above and beyond and made the experience so fun, even for first timers. We bought more classes and can’t wait to go back!
This was such an incredible experience!!! I took my 4 nieces (ages 11-14) and we all had the best time and made some awesome memories! The staff was kind, fun and safe. I felt like we definitely got our moneys worth during the 2 hour class. I have recommended this experience to so many friends and coworkers already. It is great for kids and adults!! Can’t wait to do it again one day!!
New Specialty Apparatus class coming soon!
Last Student Showcase – Friday, March 11th
Nov 6th Student Showcase
Dallas Circus Center is your one-stop-shop for anything circus!
We can host events at our location or yours! Contact us for more information and to price your custom event.
- Birthday Parties of all ages – private parties at our facility start at $150/hr for aerials and $275/hr for flying trapeze
- Corporate Events – everything from participatory team-building to catered performance events
- Off-site Performance Events – we have a wide variety of circus performers working for us, and as the only full-service circus training center in DFW, we also have access to performers from all over the metroplex! We also have a master rigger and equipment fabricator in-house, so we can meet any of your equipment needs without outsourcing.
- Performances (both flying trapeze and aerials)
- Bachelor / Bachelorette Parties – imagine starting your celebration with something truly unforgettable!
- Bar / Bat Mitzvahs
- Team Events – Bring your kid’s sport team here for an action-packed end-of-the-season party!
- Special leadership training event
- And More!
Please call or e-mail for more information on any of these special events!
Info@DallasCircus.com / (214) 771-1178
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the address of the rig?
- We are located at 2355 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220.
It’s my first time; what class should I sign up for?
- Our All Levels flying trapeze classes are beginner friendly! As for aerials or ground acrobatics, look for something labeled beginner. If a class does not have a level specified, it is an all-levels class, and beginners are welcome!
How are the classes structured?
- Flying Trapeze Classes:
- Our generic flying trapeze class is “mixed ability level.” You could be in your first class alongside a training professional. If it is your first time on the flying trapeze, we will take the first 5-10 minutes of the class to give you an on-the-ground introduction into what you will be doing. During this time, we will go over safety procedures and flying trapeze etiquette. Once you’ve completed the introduction you will spend the remainder of the class taking turns on the trapeze attempting various tricks and then dropping into the net. We allot the last portion of the class to attempting to catch the tricks that you have been working on.
- As a general rule of thumb, we dictate the speed of the class on each individual’s ability and comfort levels. If you are afraid of heights and just want to swing and drop, that is perfectly acceptable and we will help you progress at your comfort. If you are picking up the tricks quickly, we will allow you to move on to something different. Since this class is for mixed ability levels, you may be learning your first trick while someone else in the class has been working on the same trick for several classes. During the portion when we are attempting catches, there are a lot of variables aside from ability level – so, if, in your first class, you are not able to make a catch, please do not think this reflects poorly on your ability for you may be overcoming more obstacles than others! Our primary goal is to enjoy yourself – if we can teach you a little circus in the process, that’s just bonus!
- Flying trapeze classes have a maximum of 10 people. Classes with 6-10 people booked will run for 2 hours. Classes with 1-5 people booked will run for 1 hour. Either way, the class structure will be the same, with time allotted for catches at the end.
- Aerial and ground apparatus classes:
- Most of our aerial and ground apparatus classes are 60-90 minutes. We recommend you show up 15 minutes prior to your class so you can warm up and stretch on your own. The instructor will spend a few minutes at the beginning of the class doing specific warms ups relevant to what they’ll be teaching as well as apparatus-specific warmups. The instructor will plan about 60 min of instruction on the apparatus and may have relevant conditioning planned as well!
What if I’m not strong enough?
- We think you would be amazed at how little upper body strength is required for the beginner level classes! We have designed all of our beginner classes so someone can walk in off of the street and be moderately successful. As a good test for flying trapeze, you should be able to hang from a pull-up bar with straight arms for 20-30 seconds. With that being said, if you have any injuries that affect your grip, arm strength, or shoulder stability, please check with your doctor or our staff before signing up for a class.
How old do you have to be to participate?
- Our insurance company says kids have to be 3 years old. We recommend 8 years old to participate in any of our full classes. Most children have a mental leap at about 8 years old that allows them to build on previous experiences and progress from one class to the next; children younger than that still have a wonderful experience, but may not “learn” as much. We’ve had participants as young as 3 and as old as 91!
Is there a weight limit?
- Anyone above 250lbs should consult the staff before signing up for a class. There are a couple of strength to weight ratio tests that we can do to ensure that we are able to keep you safe during your class. The equipment is all rated at several thousand pounds, but more often than not, your strength to weight ratio is the limiting factor.
What should I wear?
- This depends largely on the weather and your comfort levels. For your first class we would recommend a tight fitting top, appropriate athletic under garments, and pants or capris that cover the backs of your knees without restricting too much motion (yoga pants are great, skinny jeans are not). The tent building is not temperature controlled, so while we have lots of air movement for the summertime, the winter will be a bit cold indoors. If you are taking a night-time class outdoors, consider wearing bright colors so they show up on the photos and videos better!
What should I bring to the class?
- This is a physically active activity. We have some drinks and snacks for sale. If it is your first class, you’ll need to sign a waiver. You can either fill it out online using the link at the top of the page or arrive 15-20 minutes before your class so you have ample time.
Can I reschedule or cancel a class?
- For our standard classes you can cancel or reschedule a booking 72 hours before the start of the class. If we are able to fill your spot in the class, we will make special considerations inside the 72-hour period. As all sales are final, and cancellations will be handled in the form of credit on your Bookeo account that can be applied to a future booking.
- Our pre-paid multi-class packages offer a more flexible reschedule period, allowing you to cancel or reschedule a booking 24 hours before the start of class. As all sales of pre-paid packages are final. Cancellations will be refunded in the form of future class credits.
- Our private parties have a two-week cancellation/reschedule policy. As all sales are final, Cancellations at least 2 weeks prior to the party will be handled in the form of credit that can be applied to a future booking.
Do you ever cancel classes because of weather?
- If there is a chance of rain and you are registered for an outdoor class, we will give you the option of moving to the indoor class (space permitting). Since the tent is not temperature controlled, we may cancel class for the extreme cold; this decision will be made by the staff on the day of the class if we are not able to get the tent interior to a reasonable temperature.
I absolutely love Dallas Circus Center! What can I do to help?!
- Bring a friend! We do all of our advertising through word of mouth. Tell everyone you know about how much fun you had!! We also have lots of merchandise for sale, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, socks, and photos! You can also help us grow on social media by giving us a review on Yelp or Google, tagging us in anything you post, or checking-in on TripAdvisor! Any little bit helps!